Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Steampunk Mini Album




Hi everyone! Carla here with a fun tutorial using the Cutout Cover Mini Album- Steampunk from Gina's Designs!






The first thing I did was to take one of the pages and turn it into my cover, I used gesso all over it and with a foam brush, did pouncing movements to create this cool texture.






 After that was dried, I used different sprays in gold, brown and coffee shades to make it look antique.









Next I took the Steampunk cutout overlay and painted it with this acrylic gesso and let it dry.






Then I sprayed it with dark copper and bronze shades, using a mixture of flat and shimmery finishes.







When the two pieces are adhered together, you can see the cool effect!

Here are some more pictures of the inside pages. I used the Dragonfly Frame, Flourish Frame Sienna, Flourish Frame Sienna Mini and Dragonfly.











I love all of the details in this steampunk mini album. Hope you enjoyed this tutorial and please check out the video on my YouTube channel. Please subscribe!!!













Gina's Designs products used:



No comments:

Post a Comment