Monday, May 18, 2015

It's 5 O'clock Somewhere






Hi Everyone! Barb here, keeping the birthday party rolling. No doubt you've heard the old joke - early in the day someone says they want a drink and someone else replies, "Well, it's always 5 o'clock somewhere!" That's what inspired me for this week's project. 





I began with a 5 x 7" canvas panel and simply slopped some paint on it that I had left over from a bigger project. Never waste paint, or ink, or any artsy gooey stuff! I free-handed the martini glass and phrase, and added some Stickles to the inside of the glass to give it a liquidy, bubbly look. The flowers were punch-outs left over from another project, and all I did was add a dab of Liquid Pearls in the center of each.






For all of the pieces of the clock, I began by sponging on fuchsia colored acrylic paint.





Once the paint was dry, I coated the outer bezel with Gothic Purple StazOn Studio Glaze. For the dial part of the clock, I spritzed it with neon yellow and neon pink irRESISTibles sprays. I put dots of Liquid Pearls on the hands and used bright pink Stickles on the arrows. I capped it all off with another one of the flower punch-outs.





Thanks for coming to the party - happy crafting!





Gina's Designs Products Used







Other Products Used


Acrylic paints


irRESISTibles sprays


StazOn Studio Glaze


Liquid Pearls


Stickles




No comments:

Post a Comment