Thursday, April 2, 2015

Remember the Journey






Hi everyone! Melissa here with a layout for Gina's Designs. My mother-in-law took this photo at Land's End, in Cornwall.


I had a lot of fun decorating chipboard, as usual! For the background I applied texture paste on a texture sheet, then sponged on gesso. I then painted with Viva Modeling Cream, then a little Lindy's, watercolors, and Twinkling H20s. I prepped all the chipboard with gesso. I drew some detail on the seahorse with a pencil, then painted it with brown watercolor. I added some gold perfect pearls. I took off some of the brown later with a wet brush, to give it a little more dimension, and put some more paint on different areas. On the gears on the upper right,and the flourish at the right of the photo I poured gold embossing powder on wet gesso, then heated it. The gesso made it bubble up for some extra texture.I dry brushed some Vintaj patina paint on top. I painted the gears at the bottom right and center of the photo with brown watercolor, I applied a layer of glossy accents and put the items on a pile of crushed up mica flakes. I topped them with some patina paint. For the title work I painted with twinkling H20s, then put on some Versamark embossing ink. I poured on chunky clear embossing powder and heated it. 











Thanks for looking, and I hope you find some scrappy time for yourself today!





Gina's Designs products used:




Steampunk Frame

Curly Word: Remember

Sea Horse Shapes

Layered Flourish Renata Small



Other Products:

Paper by My Mind's Eye

Prima flowers

 Twinkling H20's

Viva Colour Modeling Cream

Lindys Stamp Gang

Perfect Pearls

Windsor and Newton Watercolors

Tsukineko Chalk Ink

Sizzix Tattered Florals

Liquitex Texture Paste

Sizzlits Spring Greenery

Vintaj Patina Paint

Stampendous Mica Flakes

Martha Stewart Silicone Mold

Melta Art Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel















No comments:

Post a Comment