Friday, February 20, 2015

Dreamroad Mixed Media Canvas by Kim





Hello friends! Today I would like to share a mixed media canvas I created.  When I saw the new Flight of Fancy Butterfly Girl from Gina's, I was truly inspired to create something fun.  I used this


 5 x 7 canvas and sprayed several colors of my Fireworks sprays on the background. I really wanted this to be a fun and colorful piece. I then tore up some dictionary paper and layered that on top, then added more sprays and some texture paste and white gesso just to soften the look.






 


Once I finished the background, I took the beautiful butterfly girl and used some chunky white embossing powder and covered the whole piece of chipboard. While the embossing powder was still hot, I made an impression with my large script rubber stamp in the hot powder and it leaves behind a cool textured look.  After that was cooled I used some of my iris blue Gilder's Paste and gave the whole piece a light going over to pick up the script.


 

I added some lovely resin butterflies and fussy cut out some paper ones to add to her hair. I love the effect it gave. A few little flowers finished it off nicely.

I hope you have enjoyed my flight of fancy today, and don't forget to check out all the new items in Gina's Store!

Thanks for stopping by!


 Gina's Designs Items Used






Other Items Used


Imagine Crafts Fireworks Sprays


Crafter's Workshop ART Stencil


Viva Decor Crystal Gel


Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste


Prima Resin and Metal


Wild Orchid Crafts Flowers


Graphic45 Le Romantic Paper

Stampendous Chunky White Embossing Powder





No comments:

Post a Comment