Friday, December 12, 2014

Snow Fairy and Mitten Cards by Dianna


Hi everyone Dianna here with two snowflake cards, just in time for the Holiday Season!









 The Snow Fairy card is my inspirational take from a card I saw on Pinterest, which I loved!

The Fairy is from Gina's Designs Garden Fairies.  When I saw this
particular fairy I thought she looked like a ice fairy, so  I used
Sparkling H2O's on the fairy and snowflakes. 










 I painted one of Gina's trees with white acrylic, then used Copic Markers and white pearl chalk ink to give it a wintery affect.  I punched with a Fiskar 1/2 inch and 1 inch punches on clear velum and a white metallic paper. 





 I then distressed all of the circles with a silver chalk ink and then  I distressed the teal paper with light brown ink and cut the branches off the tree. 





 I laid out the branches and circles to look like snow globes. Then placed the snowflakes around the card like the fairy was creating them.  To finish off the card I used rhinestones on the snowflakes and through out the card.










I picked up an small envelope maker from Taylored Expressions and decided that it would be a great on the front of a card.  I decided to use some of the pink paper from Crate Paper called Bundled Up.  





I papered mittens from Gina's Designs Winter Shape Set.  I layered Stickles on the plain chipboard snowflakes to create the vintage look on the snowflakes.  I then printed out the "in the meadow" saying from the computer but a giftcard would be great in that slot as well. Rhinestones and a teal bow complete the look.


Thank you so much for stopping by the blog today!





Items Used 


Gina's Designs









Taylored Expressions - Tag Pocket #TE238


Crate Paper - Bundled Up


Stickles - Platinum, Milled Lavender, Icicle, Brushed Pewter


BoBunny - Teal Paper


Copic Markers


Sparkling H2o's




No comments:

Post a Comment