Friday, November 21, 2014

Mitten Banners by Deann and Kim


Happy Friday everyone! Today we have our two designers, Deann and Kim up with their take on our Mitten Micro Mini Album.  First up is Deann with her take...

Good morning, Deann here with a dual project with Kim! We both made the Mitten Micro Mini Album. We decided to turn the mini into banners.


I used the My Minds Eye Holly Jolly 6x6 paper pad to cover the mittens.

 I used Heidi's Stars Shape Set on some of the cuffs.

 I also used the Snowflakes Shape Set.

I found really cute jingle bells at the Dollar Tree, they look so cute! 


Deann


Products used-
Heidi's Stars Shape Set


Other Products used-
Flowers and Dollies from Craftsupplies1


Next up is Kim with her very pretty Banner!

Hello friends, today I am here to share with you my take on the Micro Mitten Mini Album. I turned the mini into a vertical banner for my front door.  I started off my banner by using some of the pieces from the Winter Shape Set, the tree and the "Let it Snow" sentiment.  I embossed the words and layered them over the tree which I used some Snow Tex on to give the illusion of snow, and topped the tree off with one of the bling buttons from Craftsupplies1.
Here is the mittens which hang below the Let It Snow sentiment, it hangs on my front door.

 Below here are my mittens, I used some Lawn Fawn paper on them, then went around with some chalk inks to distress them a little. I topped the mittens off with some gorgeous laces, flowers and trim from Craftsupplies1, along with some fun Christmas mini lights I had in my stash.


I used some of the snowflakes from Gina's Snowflake set, which I textured and added some tinsel embossing powder to give them some shine. For the letters, I used some of the lady bug Prima chalk ink and then embossed on top of them  with a clear glitter embossing powder. I also used some embossing paste and a Tim Holtz stencil, Stars, to create a wintery background on the mittens.

I am really happy with how this turns out. Deann and I loved making this so much, that Gina is going to make a Snow Mitten Banner which will be in the store soon!

Thanks for stopping by today to check out my and Deann's projects.

Gina's Designs Items Used
Mitten Micro Mini Album
Snowflake Shape Set
Winter Shape Set

Other Items Used
Lawn Fawn Paper
Flowers, Lace and Trim by Craftsupplies1
Prima Chalk Inks
Wendy Vechi Embossing Paste
Tim Holtz Stencil
Ranger Embossing Powders

1 comment: