Saturday, November 15, 2014

Elegant Masks by Lynne & Altered Tin by Shanna

Today we have two fabulous designers up to share their fun and exciting projects. First up is Lynne to share her altered masks.

Hi! Lynne here with  my latest project; I've been having fun decorating my new scrap room and decided to make these to hang on one of the doors using the Masks Shape Set.
I used pieces from the Mini Flourishes-Bella Set and the Feather Shape Set and used papers and embellishments from the November Scraps of Elegance kit  to finish them.

I painted the pieces with acrylic paint then brushed them lightly with white glitter paint.

The fussy-cut dangles were finished with Glossy accents to add strength and a metallic look. I had so much fun with these that I just might finish the other masks in the set for my door too-there's no end to the creative ways you could decorate these great pieces!

Gina's Products used
Mask Shapes Set
Feather Shapes Set
Mini Flourishes-Bella


Other Items Used
Marion Smith & Blue Fern Studio papers
Glossy Accents


Next up we have Shanna with a vintage style project.


Hi everyone. Shanna here today to share a fun altered tin. I don't know about you, but I love to re-purpose things. I really enjoy the things that are sturdy like cookie tins.

First I covered the tin with paper. Then I used a doily that I painted with some Distress Paint. I also painted the chipboard pieces from the Vintage Seamstress Shape Set. 


The sewing machine got an awesome coat of crackle paint to really make it vintage.


I finished off the tin with some flowers from our Craftsupplies1 cross promotion. 


Gina's Items Used:
Cardstock Doily Set 1


Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment