Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Garden Fairy Layout by Nancy


Nancy is with us today to share a loving tribute to her sweet kitty Willie who recently passed away:

Hi everyone, it's Nancy here today.  I'm still missing my kitty Willie so much, and I like to imagine that perhaps he flew to heaven on the wings of a fairy.  This layout was created from my heart.  I hope you like it. I have used two of the small fairies from Gina's Designs, and one of the medium fairies as well as one of the large shuttered windows.

The fairies were painted with clear gesso followed by Twinkling H20's in a gold tone, then dotted with some glossy accents.  I covered the wings with glossy accents then gold glass microbeads.  The steampunk doily is new at Gina's Designs and should be in the shop soon.
I used some Prima resin embellishments to represent the rainbow bridge, and more doilies.  I used a damask stencil on the background paper and also dotted it with glossy accents.
The bricks are also new at Gina's Designs.  The window was dry brushed with gesso and acrylic paint in pastel colors followed by Grecian Gold rub n buff.


Supplies Used:
Steampunk Doilies

4 comments:

  1. Wow- what a stunning layout! Love the soft colors, textures and details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely LO and a beauty of a cat. I have 20 cats, but each and every one of them is dear to me. It is hard to say goodbye to a beloved pet. My heart cries with yours.
    <3 J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layers and lasercuts. You certainly gave Willie a beautiful sendoff. Hugs

    ReplyDelete